fabulous bloggish things

This is just a place where I can talk about things, I can write a lot of words (because I love words), and where my pals can comment on my thoughts, goings-on, and whatever else I feel like writing.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Life is a Highway - our SECOND roadtrip to CO this summer

Well, while all of you guys were doing things like going back to school, maybe being a little bit depressed on Monday (ok, MAYBE, and only some of you), meeting your teachers and deciding if you liked them, and all in all just ending your summer and going back to school, I was doing something else entirely. I was on my way to Colorado - and at least twice I was totally jamming out to Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts - my favorite song. And, for about two hours, I was sitting in the moving truck with my dad while the rain was so loud you could barely hear your own voice, and holding a napkin to a leak in the ceiling of the cockpit...umm....cabin...whats the word? Oh well. Where we were sitting. The second day, the coulds were so spectacular that I could hardly concentrate on Blue Like Jazz, my book; I was way too busy looking for dogs and race cars and castles. It was pretty sweet. And my dad was horrible at playing the game of looking for things in the coulds with me.

Pagosa Springs is a cool place; literally and to borrow the term. It was like, 50 degrees when we left. It is very small, everyone knows everyone else and is probably related to them. It was pretty cool to know people there (our real estate ageant's family - who rock) because they made us feel like we weren't tourists anymore. That is a feeling I love after France and Hawaii. It was also super cool to have our own house. Our house is pretty sweet, it is totally surrounded by pine trees on every side except the one facing the road, and it backs up to a canyon. The colors it is painted are pretty, and my room is also the coolest, even though it is the smallest. The only thing that wasn't cool about our whole trip was not being able to get in touch with any of my pals, and not having any mirrors or drawers. But it's all good.

It was great; we went with my dad's parents, who are totally southern and have an amazing Texas accent that anyone anywhere can figure out, and so we were with them picking stuff up all the time. Krista, you know what I'm talking about - I had an awful Texas accent like, the third day. Saying y'all, yonder, and slurring stuff together left and right. But the irony was, I was all the time trying to read Emma, by Jane Austen. Only a few of you may have read Jane Austen, and yikes I don't know how to explain her style. Think 1816, when Emma was published, and think about how the trend was clever, witty, articulate, and excessive language. It is very amusing to read, and you can usually barely pick up the drift, I kid you not. So I had this, "Dear, don't you tell me thet thayt qwicksotick (quixotic) yuuhng mayn isn't dern well irritatin' yeeew slietlee, ain't he?" OK, that was exaggerating. But I did say y'all more than once around my new friend Tiana, the real estate ageants daughter. Oh yeah, and I quit reading Emma halfway through because it was putting me to sleep and giving me head aches.

Tiana was so cool. I got to hang out with her a couple times, and I had so much fun. We did this thing called ice block sledding that I guess you all read about in Jake's blog. And I did that twice, because we went once with her family, and then the night before we left she invited me to go with her and her whole volleyball team, which was super sweet of her. That night I went down backwards and, I am not kidding, did four backflips in a row down the hill - and then almost threw up. It was totally wicked! We also did some stuff to some signs around town, it was so much fun and so wrong all at the same time. Yeah, never try that here, you might really get arrested. And I also got ot go to the hot springs in Pagosa with Tiana, and that was really cool - uh, hot. I am really thankful to have a friend there, and it makes me kind of want to move there becuase I had so much fun.

I have one, and only one more thing to talk about - the flaming sweetness of alpine sliding. I just read Jake's post, so I will not bore you all with another account of how sweet it was. But I do have a few tings to add. In addition to being very gracious when jake lost the race, I was also extreemly concerned about his well being. and the pinkish red spots where his good old white skin used to be when we got to the bottom. In my exclmatory inquiries as to his health (this is jane austen), I was put off and put off, and then when we were on the lift again, I asked him why he wouldn't let me ask him if he was ok. I had to laugh becuase I then realized he didn't want the lift people/rule enforcers to know he'd wiped out. Although they probably would have thought his injuries were sweet, because they were all about as nuts as him. And, I have to share with you a new phrse that I have claimed, it is flaming sweetness, a substttute for"oh my gosh" while trying to put words to how awesome it is to fly down a mountain. Yep. Colorado was cool.

The last part of our trip, the car ride home, was pretty awful for me. I had a sore behind from ice blocking the night before, and a sore neck from the awesome back flips. And the second day, you would not believe how sore my toungue was - I sucked on a whole package of sour patch kids. Like, never, ever, ever, ever, ever ect. do that! Like, if someone was trying to mug me, I would say "Hey freak, go suck on a bunch of sour patch kids!" And if they were especially awful, I'd tell them to then eat a lemon.

There you have it, pals. Happy reading, and it's good to be home.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- even more detail then Jake's post, I'm impressed. Sounds like a really sweet place. Yeah I feel your pain on the whole too much sour patch stuff. I'm kind of glad that I don't like pineapple, otherwise...ouch. Don't you find it interesting how in this huge post, I manage to pick apart one of the minor details you threw in? What's up with that? Well anyway, the whole thing sounds cool, somehow the candy thing stuck with me though.

-Colin

8/28/2006  
Blogger Krista said...

Faith,

I love ice blocking we use to do that in college. You know what I also love? I love having you and Jake back on Sunday. So don't go anywhere anymore. You know what I also also love? Not having to read Emma.

8/28/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Over all that sounds pretty cool. But you did have quite a few spelling errors. You said like, like way too many times. I mean it's like crazy!! Like you didn'y even be considerate to others on this blog. I also would like to say that that you sould have said it makes my head ache, not It gave me a head ache. That is just a few of the improper things that were on this post. I would also like to say...

hickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhickhick

After saying that I would like to like say nothing else. Like later!!!

~(Like)Jonathan

8/28/2006  
Blogger Seanzy said...

Amazing update Faith.
Glad to hear y'all are back and safe in the the Promise Land of Texas. I am a little disapointed that you didn't find 'Blue Like Jazz' to be that much of interest, that was a little surprising to me. Oh well, maybe you'll like the book I'm writing more. I should hope.

8/28/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Sean's writing a book!!!

8/29/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Colin and I both comment on your blog yet somehow you fail to comment on ours!!! You are most mean person!!!! Shame on you!!!! I am mad at you and would like it if you took time out of your busy scheduale to comment!!! Later!!!!

~Jonathan

8/29/2006  
Blogger Seanzy said...

Jonathan, you have no room to be mad at Faith after the your little shananagen on my blog. You crazy kid.

8/29/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I have plenty of room to be mad. It was an accident what I did to yours but she did this on purpose!! I hope you feel real guilty Faith!!!

~Jonathan

8/29/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

You Are sooo rude Faith!!!!

8/30/2006  
Blogger Kayle said...

Hey Faith. love your blog. and i have never heard of that Emma chick. lol. Let's see what to say.. umm I am sooo glad you are back safe, with no scars (cough JAKE cough cough). And don't go anywhere for a while because I will miss you too much.

P.S. oh and thank you for listening to me tonight. I am sorry if I kept your dad waiting, but I just wanted you to know why I was kind of out of it. So thanks again...

8/30/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Who is Ellie?

8/31/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, don't need to get all personal about it. I'm changing what the link says right now. I knew eventually you'd find out. lol- see you tomorrow.

-Colin

9/02/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Dear Faith, Please get the comment thing to where we can comment again. If you don't know how then ask Colin. Oh, and everyone check out the link on my blogs link sidebar!!!

9/09/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home