fabulous bloggish things

This is just a place where I can talk about things, I can write a lot of words (because I love words), and where my pals can comment on my thoughts, goings-on, and whatever else I feel like writing.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hawaii (june 23-july3)

Well, coming back from France, Colorado, and BootCamp I felt a little overwhelmed; but after Hawaii I felt like I couldn’t do anything exciting at all for at least the next year! But, there was a pretty good reason to this visit. My best friend in the whole world (literally at times), who I have known my entire life and is totally awesome, lives there. Her mom is in the Air Force, and they have always moved around for as long as I’ve known them. Now, while that has been a not-so-positive thing for her in the past, really, how can moving to Hawaii not be the best thing ever?? Especially from Alabama….that’s another story… But all this to say, this summer will be their only summer in Hawaii, and so my family’s conclusion was that there was no possible way that we could NOT go visit them; I mean, I visited her everywhere she’s ever lived, even in Alabama, and plus I am her best friend, so however awful and uncomfortable it might be to take ten days out of my summer for her, even the money and all that stinkin sand, I mean, she is really worth it. The only logical conclusion. But you see, my brothers decided that they had lukewarm feelings about going to Hawaii – even slightly negative! I have NO idea how their brains work sometimes, but I wasn’t going to complain – my mom and I went and it was awesome! So our trip was amazing. It surpassed anything I’d ever heard about how beautiful Hawaii was, and that is saying a LOT. It was more amazing than any pictures, more like paradise than anything I could imagine, more isolated and surrounded by more water than I could fathom. Megan (my friend) and her mom planned things for us to do that were awesome – having friends that lived on Maui for a year before we came rocked!! We went hiking up to a huge waterfall through a bamboo forest; went horseback riding down to cliffs that overlooked the ocean; went on a helicopter ride and saw parts of the mountains that you can’t see any other way; went snorkeling and saw fish that made you realize God had fun making stuff (and I saw two eels and two trumpet fish – 3 footish long needle-like things) ; explored a cave on a black sand beach; drove up a volcano through clouds and watched the sunrise and sunset and saw more stars than you could imagine; and when we weren’t doing any thing else, hung out at the beach that was a 5 minute walk from her house. I would have fun with Megan in a jail cell, but we had a blast and it was incredible to see so much of God’s creation that you just can’t see in Austin, TX. And we ate gallons of ice cream, made cookies, ate at awesome restaurants, saw a sailing ship, wore flowers in our hair, and dug a huge hole on the beach while singing the entire song of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. Plus, I got a tan! Haha. The best part was probably meting Jack Johnson and some of his awesome friends(;))! One of my favorite things about our trip was getting to watch so many sunrises and sunsets. It made me stop and realize that to God, it’s never “just another day” – and it’s NEVER, in the words of Napoleon Dynamite, “the worst day of my life, what do ya think?!” (this might only make sense to me, but hopefully someone else gets it.) Everyday God is living and active, and he showed it to me by his magnificent works of art that he paints solely for our enjoyment twice everyday. (It reminded me of Ro. 1:20.) My trip to Hawaii was another one of my favorite memories ever – it was awesome.

10 Comments:

Blogger Seanzy said...

I'm going to comment all three. I'll start the Hawaii one by saying that Jake is foolish to pass up Hawaii. I'm never letting this one go.

7/30/2006  
Blogger Jake said...

Sean, unlike some people I know, temporary enjoyment, and GIRLS are not all important in my life. We all know why you would have gone to Hawaii, and it does involve flirting with every girl on the beach that would talk to you. Me and my entire family are very good friends with Megan and her Mom Janet, and it will not be the last chance we will get to see them. Phfff. I scoff at that thought. In fact, I look forward to the next time we will get to go and see them. As for Hawaii, it will not move, I can go and see it whenever it becomes high enough of a priority for me to do so. Not only did I feel like it was slightly frivolous for me to go to Hawaii after an 8 month stay in France, a vacation to Colorado to freaking house shop, AND Bootcamp, I felt like 1)It would be great for just Megan and Faith to be together (they are best friends, it's not like I would stay up untill 3 am talking about nothing in particular with them) 2)that there were other things that would be far more productive than yet another vacation. There, if you gripe any more about this Sean, I will get up on my soap-box AGAIN and tell you my other reasons for not going (yes, I have quite a few of them). On a different note, Good thoughts on this Faith, Hawaii sounds very cool. At least Megan is sending me a shell necklace. And you are a shamless liar about seeing Jack Johnson.

7/31/2006  
Blogger cowgirl said...

well faith i think that it is the best that u have been to all of these diffrent places. as for jake not going i think that sean is wrong it is very nice of jake to let faith and her best friend hangout. but i also think that jake is crazy for not even wanting to go to HAWAII. he seem to not have even thought about going sad! well i will go now T.T.F.N

7/31/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/03/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, Franko. That's not right. Well anyway, I must say that Hawaii is an awesome and extremely beautiful place. In fact I'm hard pressed to decide which exotic State is better, Alaska-Hawaii-Alaska-Hawaii, hmm... So anyway, I would definately not pass up a chance to go back. Jake you should be ashamed of yourself for not going. From the snorkeling, to the chopper rides over huge, active volcanoes, to the beaches, seeing Pearl Harbor and the sunken Arizona, kayak trips down a river on Kuaii through the jungles, seeing famous movie spots, and the best coffee in the world, it is an awesome place. Sean, you'll love this one, seeing the rope that Indiana Jones actually swung off of in one of the movies. The best part is getting to see the Humuhumunukunukuapuaa- or the Reef Triggerfish, whatever you want to call it. So Faith, I totally agree with you on Hawaii.

-Colin
w00t

8/03/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Well I know have a blog. It was the only way that I could post any comments. Here is the link if you are interested in it in the slightest. http://davy3blog.blogspot.com/

8/04/2006  
Blogger Seanzy said...

Faith, I've noticed that you don't post anymore of your encouraging or comical comments on my my page, and this hurts...Deeply. I'm going to go cry on Franko's page now.

8/07/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Dear Faith,

Please post the comment that I sent you.

~Jonathan

8/08/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

You still haven't put me as a link either!!!! I am ashamed!!!

~Jonathan

8/10/2006  
Blogger Jonathan said...

You are mean.

8/27/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home