fabulous bloggish things

This is just a place where I can talk about things, I can write a lot of words (because I love words), and where my pals can comment on my thoughts, goings-on, and whatever else I feel like writing.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Am A Loser

Well, that is really all that need be said. I haven't updated my blog in several weeks if not months. I feel like a dumb quitter - oh wait, that is what I AM. Ahhhhhh. Well, I am sorry. I have been a little busy lately, what with Colorado, Bootcamp, Hawaii, and then BYBCs. I have been happy, sad, joy-filled, troubled, discouraged, uplifted, blown away, amazed, and refreshed. OK. An overview of my summer.

Colorado (middle of june)

I am a Texan, through and through. Period. Four generations of my family have been born in Texas. But there is in me a small part of Colorado (Coloradoan?) – it has grown there from a deep love my parents have for the state. They lived there right before I was born; in fact, I was born in Colorado Springs, CO, before they moved back to Austin. For quite a few years, my father has dreamed about moving to, starting a business, opening a coffee shop, going into real estate……ect…..in Pagosa Springs, a town close to the southwest corner of the state where we have been going every year for as long as I can remember. Finally, my dad decided to invest in actually buying a house there – so we set out for a trip that would result in us getting a pretty sweet house that we will be spending as much time as my dad can manage at in the next few years. It was a trip that was comprised (for me) of long hours in the car; seeing around 20 houses; hanging with Stevi and Troy (who stopped to be with us for a day on their journey north); marveling at the mountains; wandering around Durango; joking and singing TobyMac with our real estate agent to stay sane; and wondering why so many rich people decided to sell their personal dream homes, (in the most beautiful town I can think of), at the same time. But it was fun! There is something about driving for long hours, being somewhere that is not your home, and seeing parts of God’s creation that you can’t always see that is worth the annoyance and discomfort of road trips. But usually, it is much more obvious when it’s all over! And we did end up with a house, so it was worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seanzy said...

How can you say Road Trips are annoying? That's one of the highlights of summer.

7/30/2006  
Blogger faith said...

Sean, dear, I have three brothers, and I am the second oldest. But I agree, the older I have gotten, the more I love them, and I do love road trips a lot, they are definitely a highlight of my summer!

7/31/2006  
Blogger Jake said...

You guys are both weird. Road trips have got to be one of the most boring (if not painful) things human beings have thought up for a "vacation experience". Except for maybe "enjoing the scenery" which is even worse. But other than the trip over there, I really like Colorado. Except for the whole away-from-all-my-SW-friends-and-family-for-days-at-a-time part of the deal. Yeah

7/31/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home