fabulous bloggish things

This is just a place where I can talk about things, I can write a lot of words (because I love words), and where my pals can comment on my thoughts, goings-on, and whatever else I feel like writing.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Yeah, so I haven't blogged in forever. I hope I remember how to even do this :). Howdy from Pagosa Springs! This is the last day of our vacation...and it has been a really sweet vacation. Right now it is really quiet at our house -- I don't know where half my family is and the other half is playing their DSes...es...es. The dishwasher is really loud though, and everything smells like lemon and bleach because we have been cleaning.

Up here in the mountains, it kind of feels like we are removed from space and time. Not too much goes on. The wind. The clouds move. The aspens flutter. Horses graze. Rivers rumble along over rocks and through canyons. We have hiked, and rafted, and read, and picnicked. I am so stoked about the rest of my summer, but it is so peaceful right now that I don't really want to leave. :)

I won't write that much, but I will write about my favorite part of the last...two weeks. One day we drove up this quiet road through trees and yellow flowers everywhere, winding along the edge of the mountain, until there was a pine tree in the road and we couldn't go any farther. Me and my dad walked (Ok, I had to jog to keep up) until we got to this National Forest watchtower, which was our destination. Since I was pretty tired from the jog, my dad went back to get my fam and I climbed up the tower until I got to a locked door leading up into the top. So I sat on the stairs and just looked. In every direction there were mountains in the distance, there there were valleys and rivers and forests everywhere; and bigger than all of that was the blue sky that was forever high. Whenever the wind blew, I thought I was floating. But instead of feeling small, I felt like God was setting me up on the very top of the world and being like, I made all of this for you to enjoy. Isn't it ginormous? See that mountain? I made that with my hands! And look at that eagle! Isn't it wonderful how the air flows over it's wings and makes it soar?...It was pretty sweet. It was so quiet that I could hear my family when they were 1/4 of a mile away. When they got up to the top I think they asked me why I had such a goofy smile on my face.

Yeah, so I pretty much am psyked out of my mind about Bootcamp. I will see you guys all next Sunday!

Why do I blog? Hahahaha, it's kind of arogant - I guess I am just assuming that someone gives a care about whatever strikes me fancy...Ha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Faith! I loved reading your blog! I am so glad that you had such a great time in Colorado. I am really looking forward to our time together at boot camp! See you soon!

6/20/2007  
Blogger Cluck said...

I too am "psyked" about Boot Camp, because I am going to be there! Take a look at my blog!

6/20/2007  
Blogger Brian said...

Props for posts...

7/05/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello?

11/14/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home