fabulous bloggish things

This is just a place where I can talk about things, I can write a lot of words (because I love words), and where my pals can comment on my thoughts, goings-on, and whatever else I feel like writing.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Some Blogging

I haven't blogged in a long time, but I have written a lot of posts in my mind, so I will try to summarize them all into a serries of asterisks. I do, in fact, enjoy having a blog, and I have kept up with everyone elses, but I really don't think anyone reads my blog anyway, therefore I didn't feel the need to burden my extremely full schedule with writing a post. Today is your lucky day, because I don't feel like doing school and I am not doing anything theater-related until this evening!

*First, I will elaborate on my theory on video games. This seems appropriate because the youth group now has all three next generation video game consoles, bringing to light their intense geekiness and lots of conversation about video games. I think that my long standing, deep rooted hatred of video games must have started when I was very little. We had something called a sega genesis, and as soon as Jake was old enough to care, long gone were the hours that he had used to play with me. I remember when Jake liked to play beanie babies with me, and we had a huge story going about how we ran an orphanage, which adopted every beanie baby we owned, which was every one ever made. But my brothers forsook that, and even more; the batman toys, the rescue heroes, even the legos for as many hours as were permited to them on the sega. Oh, I tried to join them. I wasn't oblivious to the magnetic-seeming draw of that little black box, with the cords connecting the contollers, and the laughter, and hollering that came from that room. I tried to figure out what the deal was, and even played it a few times. But instead of helping me to enjoy the game, my brothers never failed to ignor my pleas for help, and slaughter me on whatever game it was. Except Barnie, I did ok on that one. But every other game I lost again and agian, not even understanding how the buttons worked in my young, oh so young nature. Alas, as I gave up, in came the computer games, the play station, the nintindo, the gameboy, the xbox. I grew away from those things, alone in my room coloring, reading, and playing with my stuffed animals all alone. I began to notice why all my female friends and I did not understand the draw; namely, the killing, slashing, hitting, fighting, crashing, smashing, trashing, blood, exlamations of pain, and/or violence. (I will allow that there are exceptions...but they are the snare) Now, in my ever increasng maturity, I can see what all you unknowing, enamored geeks can't - that they are slowly taking over the world. There is, I am certain, a mastermind (possibly the devil himself) behind all the gaming producion. One day, ater all of the earth's youth are fully corrupted, he or she will release a fatal virus through the entire system, that will radioactively enslave all human kind over a period of time. I will not be ensnared; no, I and the few people who stand strong will unite against that force of evil, and painfully save the world. It will be difficult, but one day, we will be heroes because we resisted. That's my theory, anyway.

*Moving on, I would like to talk about...uh...Oh, yeah, my musical! I don't know how I could have ever forgotten. The songs - stuck infernally in my head. The people - my constant companions. The theater - my second home. The make up - almost flaying my face. The costumes - similar to my skin. The lines - branded upon my memory. Basically. The shows started the 19th, and tonight is the last night! Hallelujah! You know how sometimes, the last show might be said to be somewhat bittersweet? Sad, while yet relieving? Uh, NO. I am so ready for this thing to be over, I am going to throw a party in the shower tonight, before I go to sleep! I am going to be jumping around backstage, just thrilled to get it over with; singing with extra vigor from the simple joy of the hope of imminent releif! Ah. Not to say at all that this has not been a wonderful experience. It has! I have had so much fun, and seriously, I am so at home on stage. I am in my element. I would be an actress if it was at all possible. And God majorly answered my prayers that through the whole deal I would have an opportunity to glorify Him, which is the ultimate awesomeness. So I'm so good - double whammy: answered prayer and the thing is going to be OVER. This is a great day.

*I have to go now. I am going to go cheer on my little bros at their basketball game, so I am out.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

I am going to have to say that your theory is not going to be true Faith. The day has already happened and everyone who has even looked at a system's screen is going to die in the next 5 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes, and 22.2564 seconds. I have played video games alot in my life but unlike some people never spend the majority of my timme on any system. I don't know why I don't play alot. We have a Xbox 360 for crying out loud! But I can't bring my self to play for countless hours. Unless it is with friends and even then I can't do it for that long. Oh well, I'm not really missing anything. The musical was really great, and ya'll should go pro. Football is better than basketball but I hate watching football. That is all for now.

2/05/2007  
Blogger internetjason said...

Fatih,

I totally agree with your prediction on the end of gamerkind. I, for one, will join you in the battle against evil. We will be the real heroes, not simply the ones pretending to be heroes on their TV screen. I will say, there is a pretty strong allure to the Wii. I've only played one game of tennis (and won), but it was pretty fun. I wouldn't mind playing that once in a while.

Your musical...I didn't even know you were in one until the leaders were talking about it at our meeting on Thursday night. I hear you did pretty good. They gave an account of your good singing. Granted, your mom and brother had already sung your praises...but c'mon, family can't be trusted with that sort of thing. But now that I'm hearing it coming from multiple sources, I'm looking forward to getting another singer for the "band". I but "band" in quotation marks because we haven't actually played yet.

Well, that's all I got for now. Peace.

2/05/2007  
Blogger Krista said...

This might of been the best blog ever just because you mentioned the fact that your brother use to play beanie babies with you. That is one image I will never get out of my head and I will think of every time I see Jake from here on out. Long haired hippy Jake running the beanie baby orphanage. Priceless.

2/05/2007  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I used to play with beanie babies!! We had a suitcase full of them!! They are awesome! Don't diss the beanies!

2/05/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Jonathan will say/do anything to impress Faith.

2/05/2007  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I did used to play with beanie babies!! I swear it!! My mom brought them to her storytelling things! And how would admitting that I played with beanie babies impress someone?

2/06/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Box, the truth is now out about Jake. The best part is how light you made of it, but how could it not stand out between all your ramblings of "evil" gaming. Unlike what you probably think, I am very much with Jonathan on this one. I do not enjoy spending countless hours on video games- I have better things to do. Games are not "evil", they are insanely fun, but to do nothing but that in free time is horrific. However, the one game I have been hooked on that I have played for countless hours, is DDR. Imagine 7 hours of heavy mode with few breaks and a blaring surround sound system. WOOHOO!!

Great job in the play (or so I heard). Umm... that's about all I can say.

Happy birthday (so I've heard)! YEAH!

2/06/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what you need to get over this gaming obsession- Katamari Damacy. I will bring it Sunday and you must play it.

I think I will write a post about Katamari on the "Geek's Guild" to explain my frustration and excitement with this weird game.

2/06/2007  
Blogger internetjason said...

Oh, yeah...I forgot.

Ok, you have a good imagination...pretend it's yesterday... GO!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Ok, you can stop pretending now.

2/06/2007  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

2/07/2007  
Blogger Jake said...

Oh look, my sister has a blog post. If you could really call it a blog post when you take out all the lies and unbased opinions.

Faith, I could slam reading or acting just as hard as, and for the same reasons you just slammed all video games, and believe me, you don't want me to because it will sting 10 times as much and my rehtoric will be properly punctuated.

OHHH! BURN!!!

2/09/2007  
Blogger Brian said...

I'm mildly relieved that your video game hatred stemmed only from petty past experiences and in the end you didn't make a feeble attempt to attach the act alone to evil itself. It's only your little grudge.

And you in a musical..? I'm continually oblivious to your day to day recreation. (Did you happen to be singing "Adding to the Noise?")

2/11/2007  
Blogger Brian said...

Two comments in a row. Ohh yeah,

Online Tag! You're it! No Tag Backs!

2/15/2007  
Blogger Brian said...

Faith you killed my game...

3/04/2007  
Blogger Seanzy said...

For that, you now have negative two kudos...Keep it up and we'll see just how low you can go.

3/05/2007  
Blogger Brian said...

Hmmm... I dare to ask who has negative two kudos and whether said individual should care?

3/06/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home